When I first joined Daedream, I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it. I didn't think I would be able to dance, act or be on stage. Ever since I was a kid, I have had trouble doing anything on a stage. Daedream changed that.
Ever since the first rehearsal, I knew that I would be able to do it. It just seemed like it was a great program from the start. Even though I was a little behind, the mentors stayed after rehearsal to help me with my steps. When Ms.Francis first told me she wanted me to be in the front row of a dance, I knew I was in the right place. The day I was promoted to Junior Mentor, shocked me, but at the same time made me reflect. I had only been in the program for about a month and a half, but it felt like years.
Daedream has given me the confidence to do things I thought I never would have done before. I acted, danced, and played my saxophone in front of almost 600 people! It felt amazing. Ms.Francis is a wonderful teacher and director and without her, this program would be nothing. With her encouragement, I feel I can do anything.
Thank you, Ms.Francis
William O.
William is a mentor in the Daedream Theater Arts Program and a Staff Reporter for the Daedream Theater Arts Blog

No comments:
Post a Comment